Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Rob Andrews
Gen. Keith Alexander, commander of the U.S. Cyber Command, told lawmakers DoD would complete an updated version of rules of engagement for cyberspace in the next month or two. Some congressmen believe the Pentagon needs broader authorities to protect the nation from cyber attacks.
The Pentagon has set up a new subcommittee to review its processes, policies and practices for how it audits and administers contractor purchasing, billing, estimating and accounting systems. This DoD-only panel will develop recommendations and an action plan in the next six months. DCAA says about 69 of the top 100 Defense contractors have at least one deficient business system.
Tags: contracting , mngt , Shay Assad , April Stephenson , Mike Conaway , Greg Kutz , DoD , DCAA , GAO , House Armed Services Committee acquisition panel , contract audits , Billing systems , improper payments
House committee authorizes 10 pilots to try alternative approaches. Defense Science Board recommends ways to improve IT procurement across the military.
The House Armed Services Committee is following the success of its acquisition reform panel with a similar approach to Pentagon finances. Reps. Mike Conaway and Rob Andrews will, once again, lead the effort.
Committee Chairman Ike Skelton says fixing the acquisition system at the Department of Defense is a bipartisan goal.