Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Rob Andrews
Gen. Keith Alexander, commander of the U.S. Cyber Command, told lawmakers DoD would complete an updated version of rules of engagement for cyberspace in the next month or two. Some congressmen believe the Pentagon needs broader authorities to protect the nation from cyber attacks.
The Pentagon has set up a new subcommittee to review its processes, policies and practices for how it audits and administers contractor purchasing, billing, estimating and accounting systems. This DoD-only panel will develop recommendations and an action plan in the next six months. DCAA says about 69 of the top 100 Defense contractors have at least one deficient business system.
Tags: contracting , mngt , Shay Assad , April Stephenson , Mike Conaway , Greg Kutz , DoD , DCAA , GAO , House Armed Services Committee acquisition panel , contract audits , Billing systems , improper payments
House committee authorizes 10 pilots to try alternative approaches. Defense Science Board recommends ways to improve IT procurement across the military.
The House Armed Services Committee is following the success of its acquisition reform panel with a similar approach to Pentagon finances. Reps. Mike Conaway and Rob Andrews will, once again, lead the effort.
Committee Chairman Ike Skelton says fixing the acquisition system at the Department of Defense is a bipartisan goal.