Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Rob Andrews
Gen. Keith Alexander, commander of the U.S. Cyber Command, told lawmakers DoD would complete an updated version of rules of engagement for cyberspace in the next month or two. Some congressmen believe the Pentagon needs broader authorities to protect the nation from cyber attacks.
The Pentagon has set up a new subcommittee to review its processes, policies and practices for how it audits and administers contractor purchasing, billing, estimating and accounting systems. This DoD-only panel will develop recommendations and an action plan in the next six months. DCAA says about 69 of the top 100 Defense contractors have at least one deficient business system.
Tags: contracting , mngt , Shay Assad , April Stephenson , Mike Conaway , Greg Kutz , DoD , DCAA , GAO , House Armed Services Committee acquisition panel , contract audits , Billing systems , improper payments
House committee authorizes 10 pilots to try alternative approaches. Defense Science Board recommends ways to improve IT procurement across the military.
The House Armed Services Committee is following the success of its acquisition reform panel with a similar approach to Pentagon finances. Reps. Mike Conaway and Rob Andrews will, once again, lead the effort.
Committee Chairman Ike Skelton says fixing the acquisition system at the Department of Defense is a bipartisan goal.