Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Richard Spires
Richard Spires says reticence over private sector social network access from within government networks is not because the department thinks sites such as Facebook are frivolous.
Fourteen years ago, Congress passed the landmark Clinger-Cohen Act, creating the job of chief information officer in federal agencies. How has the job changed over the years, and what do today's CIOs think of their role?
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra will sign a memo requiring agencies to do another, more detailed survey of their data centers. Agencies also are working on a department-wide plan to consolidate these buildings.
CIO has reviewed half of the 79 major IT investments at the agency, and says so far none have been deemed "fatally flawed."
Listen March 4th at 2pm
Program will discuss DHS's Progress on IT Programs, DHS Top Priorities for FY 2010, DHS Challenges to still Overcome, Views on New Technology Trends-like Cloud Computing-Open Source-Social Networking, A Vision for The Future-for DHS & Programs that will make a difference.