Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Richard Sarles
While Metro Board members have remained very tight-lipped about actual names of candidates, a Metro source tells WTOP the list of finalists being put together includes a candidate or candidates from outside the realm of public transit.
Tags: WMATA , Metro , public transportation , Jeff McKay , Greater Washington Board of Trade , Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments , Peter Benjamin , John Catoe , Adam Tuss , Sprawl & Crawl
Metro has discovered numerous escalator brake issues since the transit agency started inspecting its fleet, officials say.
Metro's general manager and board chairman say the transit agency should have paid more attention to escalator brakes as a safety issue, not just a maintenance issue.
Metro is still investigating how a 19-year-old was able to walk into the Bladensburg bus facility on Friday and drive out with a Metrobus.
A source tells WTOP that at least six to eight interviews for Metro's top job are being conducted.
A new report offers a revealing look at the issues surrounding Metro and its escalator and elevator programs.
The head of the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency is one potential candidate for Metro's top slot, WTOP has learned.
Tags: Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr. , Nat Ford , Metro , Metro general manager search , San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency , Jim Dougherty , John Catoe , Adam Tuss , Sprawl & Crawl , Sprawl and Crawl
People can call Metro's customer information number (202-637-7000) and say "Next Train" followed by the station name to find out when trains will arrive within the next 20 minutes.
Metro is set to begin a massive, long overdue repair and maintenance project of its longest and most-used escalators, Metro Interim General Manager Richard Sarles said Tuesday on WTOP's Ask Metro program.
Metro General Manager Richard Sarles tells WTOP the transit agency is currently facing challenges when it comes to air conditioning on trains.