Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Richard Kidd
Army officials announced the service is on track to more than double a Presidential goal for investments in energy efficiency projects. Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Energy and Sustainability Richard Kidd, said the Army would likely invest $800 million in performance-based contracts over the next two years to realize energy savings and efficiencies at its multitude of bases and facilities.
Fort Bliss announced the contract award after President Obama called on agencies to save $2 billion using the tool.
The Energy Initiatives Task Force held its first industry day to explain how it wants to get green energy projects built on installations. The Army must receive 25 percent of its energy from renewable sources by 2025. The task force will develop an acquisition strategy and a new multiple-award contract over the next year.
A Senate subcommittee wants to know how agencies are saving energy and money.
Tags: management , energy conservation , Executive Order 13514 , Senate Federal Financial Management subcommittee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Carper , Nancy Sutley , White House Council on Environmental Quality , Department of Energy , Dorothy Robyn , Department of Defense , Sam Pulcrano , USPS , President Obama , Max Cacas
All but three departments met the goal to cut down the amount of energy they use by 9 percent. Agencies also expected to spend more than a billion dollars in 2009 on energy efficient projects. GSA's new rule goes into effect today requiring new leases to have an Energy Star rating.
Energy conservation and saving taxpayer dollars are the goals of an Executive order to agencies signed by the President last October. But what are the special challenges of complying with that order for Executive Branch agencies? A Senate committee spent yesterday afternoon getting a progress report.
Tags: management , energy conservation , Executive Order 13514 , Senate Financial Management, Government Informatio , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Carper , Nancy Sutley , White House Council on Environmental Quality , Department of Energy , Dorothy Robyn , Department of Defense , Sam Pulcrano , USPS , President Obama , Max Cacas