Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Richard Gregg
Senate lawmakers are promising to change the laws to let agencies have easier access to the Death Master File and other key databases. Starting June 1, agencies must check the Do Not Pay list before issuing any money.
Tags: management , financial management , Danny Werfel , OMB , Treasury , Tom Coburn , Tom Carper , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , improper payments , SSA , Death Master File , information sharing , Marianna LaCanfora , Jason Miller
Texas Democrat's bill would modernize how the government appropriates, measures funding. Agency progress with financial management oversight improves slightly, but still no consolidated audit opinion.
Tags: mngt , Henry Cuellar , Diana Watson , Gene Dodaro , DHS , DoD , NASA , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , GAO , Treasury , Army Corps of Engineers , financial management , audit opinion , CFO Act , Performance based budgeting
Obama administration officials told Congress agencies are taking a more aggressive stance than ever in their efforts to cut improper payments. The White House has set a goal of reducing such payments by $50 billion by next fiscal year.