Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Reuters
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology say that the current system, which includes federal, state and local entities, is inefficient and could leave gaps in security, Reuters reports.
The new ceiling on the deal is $7.4 billion. The planes have never been used in combat and have in fact been grounded several times due to ongoing issues with the Onboard Oxygen Generating System and other malfunctions.
University of California researchers show that lesbians were discharged under the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy at a much higher rate than gay men. Reuters reports every military branch dismissed a disproportionate number of women in 2008 under the policy banning openly gay service members. But the discrepancy was particularly marked in the Air Force, where women were a majority of those let go under the policy, even though they made up only 20 percent of personnel.
House GOP are outlining a 2012 budget that aims to cut spending to less than 2008 levels.
The chairman of the House intelligence committee says U.S. firms are afraid to come forward because they fear their computers would be the targets of even more attacks.
NATO and Russia have resolved a dispute which Moscow's envoy to the military alliance had said could affect prospects for increased cooperation on Afghanistan, Russian and NATO diplomats said on Thursday. Reuters reports the breakthrough would allow three documents on NATO-Russia cooperation to be signed on Friday at the first formal ministerial meeting between the two sides since ties were frozen after Russia's brief war with Georgia last year.
The military is in the market for a new F-35 Joint Strike Fighter and a long range bomber.
The government's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory has suffered a cyber attack.
Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano -- says most countries don't even have a legal framework that governs cyber.
A round of cyber attacks on the Gannett Company targeted personal information of subscribers in the defense sector.