Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Retirement Systems Modernization
Agency details four broad areas it wants to focus on to improve federal human resources processes. OPM also calls for specific changes around hiring reform, telework, security clearances and retirement processing.
After three failed attempts, director Berry hopes to focus only on what needs to be fixed now. Information request comes seven months after agency ended its latest attempt.
The agency is facing a backlog of 43,000 claims by retired feds to start getting their pensions. The delay is in part because of the collapse of a major part of the Retirement Systems Modernization program. OPM has reduced the time it takes to process claims by 15 percent over the last six months.
The backlog of claims by federal employees who are retiring is growing larger. OPM said it takes more than 100 days to process a claim. OPM Director John Berry said the agency is increasing the claims processing staff and looking at ways technology can improve the process.
The Maryland Senator calls the problem "urgent" and "unacceptable." Mikulski wants to know why federal employees have to wait so long to receive data on retirement payments.