Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Reducing the Size of the Federal Government Throug
Some call the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee's approval of a 10 percent cut in the federal workforce is a political statement. Others worry it portends cuts in federal pay, benefits or jobs. Federal employees' groups have stepped up lobbying efforts.
Tags: Dennis Ross , Jim Cooper , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Jessica Klement , FMA , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , Congress , workforce , Robert Tobias , American University , Emily Kopp
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee approved H.R. 3029, which would cut the workforce by 10 percent by September 2014.
Republican leaders of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee introduced a bill to reduce the size of the federal government by 10 percent, codifying the deficit commission's recommendation. The legislation also would not let agencies hire contractors to replace federal workers unless there is a "financial advantage to the government."
Tags: pay and benefits , Darrell Issa , Jason Chaffetz , Dennis RossHouse Oversight and Government Reform C , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , workforce , Deficit Commission , Jason Miller , workforce reductions , Elijah Cummings , Congress