Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Reducing the Size of the Federal Government Throug
Some call the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee's approval of a 10 percent cut in the federal workforce is a political statement. Others worry it portends cuts in federal pay, benefits or jobs. Federal employees' groups have stepped up lobbying efforts.
Tags: Dennis Ross , Jim Cooper , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Jessica Klement , FMA , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , Congress , workforce , Robert Tobias , American University , Emily Kopp
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee approved H.R. 3029, which would cut the workforce by 10 percent by September 2014.
Republican leaders of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee introduced a bill to reduce the size of the federal government by 10 percent, codifying the deficit commission's recommendation. The legislation also would not let agencies hire contractors to replace federal workers unless there is a "financial advantage to the government."
Tags: pay and benefits , Darrell Issa , Jason Chaffetz , Dennis RossHouse Oversight and Government Reform C , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , workforce , Deficit Commission , Jason Miller , workforce reductions , Elijah Cummings , Congress