Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Red Line crash
The federal government announced Thursday the regional transit system will get millions of dollars to replace the 30-year-old rail cars that may have contributed to last year's deadly crash.
A down economy -- and not the biggest fare increase in Metro history -- is to blame for a lack of growth in rail and bus ridership, the transit agency says.
John Catoe has been appointed by MV Transportation Inc. as a strategic adviser to the company's executive leadership team, WTOP has learned.
Lapses in Metro safety, such as the 2009 Red Line crash and recent documentationof Metro bus operators talking on cell phones and reading books, now seem exacerbated by a new finding that many of these violations go unreported.
A Metro train operator who survived last summer's deadly Red Line Metro crash had a history of suspensions.
Family and friends of those killed in Metrorail's deadliest crash gathered to remember their loved ones on the first anniversary of the tragedy.
John Catoe reflected on his time as general manager at his final Metro Board meeting on Thursday.
At a board meeting on Thursday, Metro officials will present a plan that will set in motion the procurement of hundreds of new, next generation rail cars, known as 7000 series rail cars.