Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Red Line crash
The federal government announced Thursday the regional transit system will get millions of dollars to replace the 30-year-old rail cars that may have contributed to last year's deadly crash.
A down economy -- and not the biggest fare increase in Metro history -- is to blame for a lack of growth in rail and bus ridership, the transit agency says.
John Catoe has been appointed by MV Transportation Inc. as a strategic adviser to the company's executive leadership team, WTOP has learned.
Lapses in Metro safety, such as the 2009 Red Line crash and recent documentationof Metro bus operators talking on cell phones and reading books, now seem exacerbated by a new finding that many of these violations go unreported.
A Metro train operator who survived last summer's deadly Red Line Metro crash had a history of suspensions.
Family and friends of those killed in Metrorail's deadliest crash gathered to remember their loved ones on the first anniversary of the tragedy.
John Catoe reflected on his time as general manager at his final Metro Board meeting on Thursday.
At a board meeting on Thursday, Metro officials will present a plan that will set in motion the procurement of hundreds of new, next generation rail cars, known as 7000 series rail cars.