Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Recovery Act
Agencies submitting by Dec. 4 a list of all recipients who have not submitted reports to Recovery.gov on how they are spending stimulus money. DeVaney says about 10 percent of all recipients didn't provide data as of Oct. 1. He calls for Congress to consider strict consequences.
Acting administrator Prouty promises the agency will lead the nation in how they use environmentally friendly products and services. Prouty says he wants to add funding in 2011 for research and development for green products and other things. GSA's schedules received a lift in 2009 because of Recovery Act and the excitement over energy saving products and services.
Tags: contracting , management , Paul Prouty , Steve Kempf , GSA , FAS , FAI , DAU , VA , Coalition for Government Procurement , Acquisition management , schedules , Assisted acquisition services , green IT , training
At the Executive Leadership Conference in Williamsburg, Ed DeSeve says agencies are finding and fixing most simple errors in Recovery reporting. The special advisor to the Vice President says extra work by agencies will make Recovery data clearer.
Several reporting mandates coming due in May and July
Tags: technology , management , Earl Warrington , John Murphy , OMB , Recovery Act oversight board , IRMCO , NAPA , stimulus funding , Recovery.gov , data management , XForms , Atom Syndication Format
Agency plans on adding solar power, heating water through solar thermal processes and restoring the windows so they open. Along with GSA, several other agencies are due for major renovation through the Recovery Act, and all will be more energy efficient. GSA also is applying green requirements to all new major leased buildings starting in January.