Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Recovery Act
Acting administrator Prouty promises the agency will lead the nation in how they use environmentally friendly products and services. Prouty says he wants to add funding in 2011 for research and development for green products and other things. GSA's schedules received a lift in 2009 because of Recovery Act and the excitement over energy saving products and services.
Tags: contracting , management , Paul Prouty , Steve Kempf , GSA , FAS , FAI , DAU , VA , Coalition for Government Procurement , Acquisition management , schedules , Assisted acquisition services , green IT , training
At the Executive Leadership Conference in Williamsburg, Ed DeSeve says agencies are finding and fixing most simple errors in Recovery reporting. The special advisor to the Vice President says extra work by agencies will make Recovery data clearer.
Several reporting mandates coming due in May and July
Tags: technology , management , Earl Warrington , John Murphy , OMB , Recovery Act oversight board , IRMCO , NAPA , stimulus funding , Recovery.gov , data management , XForms , Atom Syndication Format
Agency plans on adding solar power, heating water through solar thermal processes and restoring the windows so they open. Along with GSA, several other agencies are due for major renovation through the Recovery Act, and all will be more energy efficient. GSA also is applying green requirements to all new major leased buildings starting in January.
Agency says these awards are recognition of its commitment to greening the government. GSA also using Recovery Act funding to install solar panels at federal facilities nationwide.