Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ray Lahood
Some departments are improving personnel practices around recruitment and knowledge management even in the face of pay freezes and criticisms of public servants. DHS created a higher education engagement group to bring in college students. GSA finds quality of applicants still strong. Senior leaders highlight successes during Public Service Recognition Week.
Tags: workforce , management , Public Service Recognition Week , Max Stier , Partnership for Public Service , Janet Napolitano , DHS , Don Hagerling , Transportation , Kathleen Sebelius , HHS , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , morale , knowledge management , recruitment , Jason Miller
CNN's Brian Todd brings us the federal angle.
How DOT keeps funding for planes, trains, and automobiles flying out the door.
President Obama rocked the Federal Government community last year when he announced he was naming former Harvard Law professor Cass Sunstein to be his administrator for the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget. Now, Sunstein offers a peek into the Obama White House's approach to writing federal government regulations and policy.
Nearly 4,000 workers who were furloughed in a two-week partial shutdown of the Federal Aviation Administration this summer were told Friday in an email that they will receive back pay.
We continue our look back at some of this year's interesting interviews, with Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.
Tags: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act , ARRA , Senate Banking Committee , Shaun Donovan , Lisa Jackson , Department of Transportation , Department of Housing and Urban Development , Environmental Protection Agency , EPA