Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ray LaHood
Transportation Department officials say they were about to shut down a bus company involved in a deadly crash in Virginia but then gave the company extra time to appeal an unsatisfactory safety rating.
Tags: SkyExpress , Ray Lahood , U.S. Department of Transportation , Kin Yiu Cheung , Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration , Sherrod Brown , Kay Bailey Hutchinson , Tom Coburn , Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety
The morale of workers is on the rise after recent events highlighted the work the government does, officials say. Agencies also are taking specific steps to address employee challenges in their own agencies. DoT Secretary Ray LaHood said "pot shots" at employees is unacceptable.
Tags: management , John Berry , Shaun Donovan , Ray Lahood , Kathleen Sebelius , OPM , HHS , Transportation , HUD , Max Stier , Partnership for Public Service , employee morale , Employee Viewpoint Survey , Jason Miller
OPM Director Berry said agencies are commenting on the rules to implement President Obama's executive order to bring college graduates more easily into the government. Berry also wants Congress to change the law so feds who want to retire can phase in their exit and act as mentors.
Millions of dollars in federal funding will help further an ambitious new plan to enhance bus travel throughout the D.C. region.
Tags: Ray Lahood , Veirs Mill Road , Leesburg Pike , Tysons Corner , Montgomery County , University Boulevard , Purple Line , Van Dorn , bus travel , bus corridor , bus lanes , Adam Tuss , Gary Emerling
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says people need to "take personal responsibility" and not use cell phones while driving.
More than 11,000 citations have already been issued in the District.
Drivers may be lowering their phones so police can't see them texting. As a result, their eyes aren't on the road.
The Transportation Department is hoping a new idea drives employees down the Information Superhighway toward better collaboration.
Senate also considering separate extension bill that would end furloughs, but Sen. Bunning has put hold on it. Transportation furloughs 2,000 employees and stops 41 major construction projects because it doesn't have funding.
Tags: pay and benefits , Ray Lahood , Nancy Pelosi , Harry Reid , Frank Lautenberg , James Oberstar , Richard Durbin , Jim Bunning , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Commit , DoT , employee furloughs
Many federal government watchers think the former Harvard Law Professor has turned OIRA into a 'living laboratory' for writing government regulations based on behavioral economics.