Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ray LaHood
Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is putting an end to rumors that he's up for a Cabinet position in the Obama administration.
After superstorm Sandy, the government is putting all hands on deck response to the storm, providing on-the-ground assistance, federal funding and coordinating rescue and clean-up efforts.
Tags: FEMA , GSA , Sandy , Dan Tangherlini , DHS , Craig Fugate , Janet Napolitano , Transportation , Ray Lahood , Julius Genachowski , FCC , EPA , Energy Department , management , U.S. Coast Guard , DoD , Jack Moore
The Veterans Transportation and Community Living Initiative provided $29 million to increase access to information about public transportation options for veterans and their families. The Federal Transit Administration awarded grants covering 64 projects in 33 states and one territory Monday.
Special Counsel Carolyn Lerner sent a letter to President Barack Obama Tuesday, calling attention to reports of safety lapses at some U.S. commercial aviation facilities. She also criticized the Federal Aviation Administration for delays in responding to whistleblower disclosures.
Some departments are improving personnel practices around recruitment and knowledge management even in the face of pay freezes and criticisms of public servants. DHS created a higher education engagement group to bring in college students. GSA finds quality of applicants still strong. Senior leaders highlight successes during Public Service Recognition Week.
Tags: workforce , management , Public Service Recognition Week , Max Stier , Partnership for Public Service , Janet Napolitano , DHS , Don Hagerling , Ray Lahood , Transportation , Kathleen Sebelius , HHS , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , morale , knowledge management , recruitment , Jason Miller