Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Randy Williamson
In emergencies, you rush to the closest hospital to get medical care. Veterans are the same way. And when they go outside the VA system for emergency care, the department is supposed to pay for it even if they don't have other insurance. But, that's not always what happens, according to a new report by the Government Accountability Office. Randy Williamson, director of Healthcare Issues at GAO, spoke to Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about what GAO found.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Randy Williamson, director of health care Issues at GAO, talks about the progress being made at Walter Reed Medical Center. Blogger Tom Cochran shares trivia about some government buildings in Washington, D.C. Dr. Jacques Gansler discusses a new master's degree program focusing on federal acquisition and contracting. Jeff Neal of ICF International discusses the results of the 2012 Employee Viewpoint Survey. Christi Grimm of the Inspector General's Office talks about mispayments by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Daniel Schuman of the Sunlight Foundation discusses open data from the federal government.
Tags: GAO , Tom Cochran , Ghosts of DC , Jacques Gansler , Center for Public Policy and Private Enterprise , University of Maryland , jeff neal , IFC International , Christi Grimm , inspector general , Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , DoD , DoD Report , Federal Drive , ICF International