Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Rand Beers
Mark Weatherford, the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) deputy undersecretary for cybersecurity, will leave the agency on April 12 after accepting a job in the private sector.
Mike Locatis, the DHS Assistant Secretary for the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications, is returning to Colorado after serving in the federal government for more than two years.
The Homeland Security Department announced Mark Weatherford has been appointed deputy under secretary for cybersecurity for the National Protection and Programs Directorate.
A Presidential commission tasked with providing the White House and DHS with advice on protecting the nation's infrastructure has embarked on a quest to understand "resilience": the ability of disparate sectors of the nation's infrastructure to handle disruption, and to bounce back from adversity.
Studies by the Government Accountability Office have uncovered serious shortcomings in security provided at the nation's federal office buildings. But what do Federal security officials and the contract security companies they employ think about solutions to the long-festering problem of building security? Here's Part Two of our coverage of recent House Homeland Security oversight hearings on the Federal Protective Service.
Tags: newsstand , Federal Protective Service , Bennie Thompson , House Homeland Security Committee , Department of Homeland Security , David Wright , American Federation of Government Employees , Steve Amitay , National Association of Security Companies , Max Cacas
Suzanne Spaulding will replace Phil Reitinger as the deputy under secretary. She worked as a consultant and on Capitol Hill previously. DHS also created a deputy under secretary for cyber security.
Undersecretary for the National Protection and Programs Directorate at the Department of Homeland Security has a lot on his mind.
The government's cybersecurity experts will be busy beefing up the government's IT security in coming months -- including the latest version of a well-known test of federal and private sector preparedness. Their boss says it's part of the never-ending quest to safeguard cyberspace.
Lawmakers question TSA, NPPD on 2010 budget proposals. Rep. Jackson-Lee says NPPD may need to be reorganized.
Tags: mngt , technology , Phil Reitinger , Gail Rossides , Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee , Rep. Dan Lungren , DHS , TSA , National Protection and Programs Directorate , House Homeland Security Committee , Registered Traveler , Secure Flight , cybersecurity , risk management