Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Rahm Emanuel
Common mistakes hope to be avoided by setting tone early
Mark Plotkin, commentator
Mark Plotkin, WTOP Political Analyst
What does the White House Flickr feed say about who has influence in the Obama administration?
Tags: White House , Barack Obama , Joe Biden , Hillary Clinton , David Axelrod , David Plouffe , Leon Panetta , Flickr , technology , open government , Must Reads , Dorobek Insider , New York Times , Politico , Tech President
E-government is increasing government transparency, including making available who the White House visitor list. As he leaves the White House to pursue the bid for Chicago's next mayor, President Obama's Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel leaves behind an electronic list of the Chicago players, politicians and reporters who visited him in the White House, The Sunlight Foundation reports.
A new advisory council will provide Commerce and other agencies with ideas for how the government can help push federally-funded technologies into the commercial marketplace. Locke said his agency will do its part by speeding up the patent process to one year and get certain grant funding out in 30 days. Commerce also is working with NIH and NSF on the i6 Challenge where $12 million is available for companies to commercialize technologies.
Tags: technology , Gary Locke , Aneesh Chopra , Ginger Lew , White House , Commerce , National Economic Council , National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrep , NIH , NSF , PTO , Mike Morse , Mike Crow , Tom Albert , Holden Thorp , Steve Case , Mary Sue Coleman , University of North Carolina , AOL , University of Michigan , Madrona Venture Group , Arizona State University , innovation , i6 Competition , entrepreneurship , Jason Miller
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
U.S. President Barack Obama is asking government agencies to develop plans for five percent reductions in array of domestic programs, the White House said on Tuesday.