Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: RIFs
The combination of buyouts, a surge in baby boomer retirements and a hostile Congress may make this the worst year, maybe ever, to consider retiring, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
The Air Force has targeted an additional 4,500 civilian positions for elimination as it completes a broad restructuring of its civilian workforce. The latest reductions follow a rebalancing in November, which saw 9,000 positions marked for elimination and a second wave of buyouts announced Jan. 3.
Congress, the economy and the White House are all moving in a direction that is likely to create the perfect storm for widespread buyouts within the federal service, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.