Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Public Service Recognition Week
Host Mike Causey will discuss the OPM retirement processing backlog with NARFE Legislative Director Jessica Klement and the Federal Times' Stephen Losey.
May 8, 2013
Mid-career employees are a scarcity in government. While agencies are awash with employees at the early career stage and those with 20-plus years of federal service, there aren't enough in the middle stages, and that has federal managers worried. Agencies like EPA and HUD are taking matters into their own hands. Both are launching new efforts aimed at keeping mid-career feds from leaving government for the private sector.
The Partnership for Public Service named 31 individuals and teams as finalists for the 2013 Service to America Medals. The annual awards recognize outstanding work in public service.
Jenny Mattingley will host a roundtable discussion of the events during Public Service Recognition Week.
April 26, 2013
Tags: Public Employees Roundtable , workforce , Jenny Mattingley , Bill Bransford , Jim Seymour , Partnership for Pubic Service , Robyn Kehoe , federal employees education and assistance fund , Service to America Medals , YouTube , PERoundtable , Twitter , Facebook , Fed Talk
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Some departments are improving personnel practices around recruitment and knowledge management even in the face of pay freezes and criticisms of public servants. DHS created a higher education engagement group to bring in college students. GSA finds quality of applicants still strong. Senior leaders highlight successes during Public Service Recognition Week.
Tags: workforce , management , Max Stier , Partnership for Public Service , Janet Napolitano , DHS , Don Hagerling , Ray Lahood , Transportation , Kathleen Sebelius , HHS , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , morale , knowledge management , recruitment , Jason Miller
A roundtable discussion of the events at this years' Public Service Recognition Week.
April 20, 2012
Tags: workforce , Bill Bransford , Shaw Bransford & Roth , Partnership for Public Service , Public Employees Roundtable , National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration , Fed Talk