Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Project management
Federal News Radio's Scott Carr and Jason Miller discuss OMB's five-part plan to restructure IT project management.
National Defense University's iCollege professor Andy Gravatt explains the lessons on his course syllabus, from communication to risk management.
There's a lot of management models and techniques available, but Citizant CEO Raymond Roberts said success really comes down to the people who are managing the projects.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said Justice and Interior are the latest examples of agencies making hard decisions about underperforming IT projects. Justice canceled its litigation case management system after almost four years. Interior rescoped its Incident Management Analysis and Reporting System.
EPA CIO Jackson said he wants to dig deeper to improve programs and save money on technology systems. Others are using the data on the dashboard to have a common language across the department.
The administration issues two new memos focusing on all IT projects and specifically on financial management systems. OMB will issue guidance in the next month detailing how they will evaluate which programs are at most risk. OMB's Zients says programs worth more than $10 billion are significantly off track in cost, schedule or both.
Tags: technology , management , Jeff Zients , Vivek Kundra , Danny Werfel , Tom Carper , Susan Collins , Peter Orszag , OMB , VA , DHS , Energy , financial systems , project management , IT oversight , Jason Miller
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra says there are $27 billion in IT projects that are troubled. The administration will issue a new strategy to expand the use of TechStat review sessions. Agencies also are feeling the heat to review all IT projects before they submit their 2012 budgets to OMB.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , Jerry Williams , Danny Harris , Roger Baker , OMB , VA , HUD , Education , Information Week , TechStat , project management , PMAS , GI Bill , Jason Miller
This week's guest is Vincent Capezzuto, Director of Surveillance and Broadcast Services Program Office/Director of the FAA's ADS-B program.
Feb. 16, 2010
CIO Council to use dashboard to analyze macro trends of why agency technology programs are in trouble. Federal CIO Kundra calls for aggressive focus on project management.