Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Project management
Homeland Security will slow down, possibly stopping, some projects to make sure they are on target. DHS also applying increasing attention to EAGLE follow-on contracts, and reviewing whether the Department has the right mix of federal employees and contractors.
How to build a system for project success.
Bill Damare, Vice President of Government Markets for ESI International, joined Francis Rose for the Industry Chatter series to discuss how agencies can keep projects on track.
Former federal technology officials and industry experts offered ideas and suggestions on how to make project management its own career series in the government. OMB and OPM were collecting ideas from several former, long-time agency officials.
The administration said its review of 16 of the 26 high-risk technology programs led to one termination, eight programs are scaled back and seven projects have accelerated delivery timetables. OMB said agencies saved or avoided spending $1.3 billion over the life of these 16 projects.
The federal CIO Vivek Kundra will roll out specifics about the administration's plan to change the way agencies buy and manage technology. The administration wants to give CIOs more authority over the budget for commodity IT such as e-mail or infrastructure. Kundra also said 2012 budget request will include requirements for continuous monitoring of agency networks.
Federal News Radio's Scott Carr and Jason Miller discuss OMB's five-part plan to restructure IT project management.
National Defense University's iCollege professor Andy Gravatt explains the lessons on his course syllabus, from communication to risk management.
There's a lot of management models and techniques available, but Citizant CEO Raymond Roberts said success really comes down to the people who are managing the projects.