Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Professional Services Council
The Buy American Act was originally passed in 1933 to protect American jobs and companies.
Stan Soloway, president and CEO of the Professional Services Council, explains to what extent industry would hurt from a partial government shutdown.
The Defense Department is looking to standardize the procedures its components use in source selection under competitive acquisitions. New DoDwide procedures issued this month will take effect in July.
The Defense Department's efficiencies initiative isn't just about internal DoD processes, the Army's acquisition chief said Wednesday. The service wants its vendors to help find ways to reduce costs and take on risk in the process, he said.
The Professional Services Council held a conference to provide information about preparing for a government shutdown.
A panel of experts said contractors should prepare for a potential government shutdown by figuring out how their specific contracts would be affected in such a scenario. Step one, they said, is for vendors to talk with their agency contracting officers.
A directive signed this week by the secretary of the Army requires high-level review and analysis of any proposal to insource contracting functions. Outside groups have accused DoD of insourcing workers based on arbitrary quotas.
Professional Services Council's Stan Soloway explains how a government reorganization - called for in the State of the Union - could affect the federal contracting community.
The Professional Services Council's Stan Soloway explains on the Defense Department rule.
In a meeting with members of Congress and industry association leaders this week, DoD officials said proposed cuts to Defense contracting will only impact a small subset of the department's service contracting budget. DoD officials said they are looking at contracts that support staff augmentation and other similar support service contracts.
Tags: contracting , industry , DoD , Robert Gates , Bill Lynn , Gerry Connolly , Stan Soloway , Bobbie Kilberg , Northern Virginia Technology Council , Deltek Consulting , budget cuts , services contracts , Jared Serbu