Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Professional Services Council
Alan Chvotkin of the Professional Services Council brings FederalNewsRadio analysis.
Industry experts charge that the Defense Department is targeting specific vendor employees to bring in house. Most of the Pentagon's actions are purely budget driven, industry says. OMB says insourcing is just one element of the broader management initiative of managing the multi-sector workforce.
Tags: mngt , contracting , best practices , Matthew Blum , Jeffrey Zients , OMB , OFPP , DoD , Defense , Interior , Stan Soloway , Terry Raney , CACI , insourcing , Multi-sector workforce , acquisition workforce
Auditors say agencies spent $136 billion on cost type contracts in 2008, up $16 billion since 2003. OMB wants to cut the use of these contracts by 10 percent in 2010.
New rule would create database that would bring in existing information and require contracting officers, vendors to submit new data as well. FAR Council wants specific business rules for the data.
OMB memos "all about the workforce." Moves to reduce federal contracting does not mean cutting federal contractors, according to a contracting trade association.
While federal procurement is open to everyone, all contractors still have to play by the rules - even foreign contractors. Alan Chvotkin, Executive Vice President and Counsel at the Professional Services Council explains.