Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Professional Services Council
Stan Soloway of the PSC brings us his take.
Stan Soloway of the Professional Services Council brings us details.
One of the government's biggest contractors has decided that its top managers and staff need to be closer to their biggest customer. A year from now, Northrop Grumman's corporate headquarters will move from California to the Washington, D.C. area. Observers say its strictly a matter of business.
Most evidence anecdotal as there is no way to define these firms
Tags: contracting , GSA , DHS , DoD , JM , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , Al Matera , Tom Essig , Brad Nelson , Richard Beutel , CSIS , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , David Berteau , Stan Soloway , GSA schedules , FPDS-NG
Group comes up with 20 ways it hopes would improve the schedules program.
Alan Chvotkin of the Professional Services Council brings FederalNewsRadio analysis.
Industry experts charge that the Defense Department is targeting specific vendor employees to bring in house. Most of the Pentagon's actions are purely budget driven, industry says. OMB says insourcing is just one element of the broader management initiative of managing the multi-sector workforce.
Tags: mngt , contracting , best practices , Matthew Blum , Jeffrey Zients , OMB , OFPP , DoD , Defense , Interior , Stan Soloway , Terry Raney , CACI , insourcing , Multi-sector workforce , acquisition workforce
Auditors say agencies spent $136 billion on cost type contracts in 2008, up $16 billion since 2003. OMB wants to cut the use of these contracts by 10 percent in 2010.
New rule would create database that would bring in existing information and require contracting officers, vendors to submit new data as well. FAR Council wants specific business rules for the data.
OMB memos "all about the workforce." Moves to reduce federal contracting does not mean cutting federal contractors, according to a contracting trade association.