Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Professional Services Council
Survey finds few areas have improved since 2006
Stan Soloway, president of the Professional Services Council, explains why his organization wrote a letter to Defense Department Secretary Robert Gates. One of the largest unions in the country, the International Association of Machinists, has expressed concerns about the process, as well.
Stan Soloway of the PSC brings us his take.
Stan Soloway of the Professional Services Council brings us details.
One of the government's biggest contractors has decided that its top managers and staff need to be closer to their biggest customer. A year from now, Northrop Grumman's corporate headquarters will move from California to the Washington, D.C. area. Observers say its strictly a matter of business.
Most evidence anecdotal as there is no way to define these firms
Tags: contracting , GSA , DHS , DoD , JM , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , Al Matera , Tom Essig , Brad Nelson , Richard Beutel , CSIS , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , David Berteau , Stan Soloway , GSA schedules , FPDS-NG
Group comes up with 20 ways it hopes would improve the schedules program.
Alan Chvotkin of the Professional Services Council brings FederalNewsRadio analysis.
Industry experts charge that the Defense Department is targeting specific vendor employees to bring in house. Most of the Pentagon's actions are purely budget driven, industry says. OMB says insourcing is just one element of the broader management initiative of managing the multi-sector workforce.
Tags: mngt , contracting , best practices , Matthew Blum , Jeffrey Zients , OMB , OFPP , DoD , Defense , Interior , Stan Soloway , Terry Raney , CACI , insourcing , Multi-sector workforce , acquisition workforce
Auditors say agencies spent $136 billion on cost type contracts in 2008, up $16 billion since 2003. OMB wants to cut the use of these contracts by 10 percent in 2010.