Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Professional Services Council
New legislation aims to implement some recommendations of the Commission on Wartime Contracting. Includes provisions that would automatically suspend contractors accused of wrongdoing in overseas contingency scenarios.
Tags: DoD , Congress , Senate , Commission on Waretime Contracting , acquistion , Industry , contingency contracting , State Department , USAID , Claire McCaskill , James Webb , suspension and debarment , Past performance , Stan Soloway , Frank Kendall , Jared Serbu
Frank Kendall, DoD's acting acquisition chief, said the first version fell flat due to "interest groups" weakening it. He said Congress required the strategy to detail how the military will buy offensive and defensive cyber capabilities. It's part of a broader effort to fix the Pentagon's acquisition process.
Tags: acquisition , DoD , acquisition workforce , acquisition policy , Industry , Better Buying Power initiative , performance management , Alan Chvotkin , cybersecurity , CSIS , Jason Miller , Frank Kendall
As part of the Defense Authorization bill, lawmakers approve the FAI Improvement Act. The provision reaffirms the organization's role to oversee and train the civilian acquisition workforce. It also gives OFPP more oversight over the funding and development of procurement education.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition workforce , Dan Gordon , Susan Collins , Gerry Connolly , Congress , Federal Acquisition Institute Improvement Act , Federal Acquisition Institute , Alan Chvotkin , Stan Livingstone , ASI Government , House Armed Services Committee , Senate Armed Service Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , training , 2012 Defense Authorization bill , Jason Miller
On the heels of the announcement that Dan Gordon will step down as OFPP administrator, experts evaluate his legacy and discuss the process and pitfalls of naming a successor.
Alan Chvotkin is the vice president of the Professional Services Council.
Survey finds few areas have improved since 2006
Stan Soloway, president of the Professional Services Council, explains why his organization wrote a letter to Defense Department Secretary Robert Gates. One of the largest unions in the country, the International Association of Machinists, has expressed concerns about the process, as well.
Stan Soloway of the PSC brings us his take.
Stan Soloway of the Professional Services Council brings us details.
One of the government's biggest contractors has decided that its top managers and staff need to be closer to their biggest customer. A year from now, Northrop Grumman's corporate headquarters will move from California to the Washington, D.C. area. Observers say its strictly a matter of business.