Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Presidential Innovation Fellows program
GSA launched the digital government program, called 18F, with the goal of accelerating innovation among agencies and building on federal Chief Technology Officer Todd Park's vision for the government to act as a lean start-up.
In a Cabinet meeting this morning, the president will ask new OMB Director Sylvia Burwell to lead this reinvigorated effort to help agencies find more innovative ways to deliver better results. OMB is missing key leaders, including a deputy director for management, to shepherd this revised push to improve agency management.
Veterans Affairs PHR effort has already gone far beyond VA. After reaching 1 million users, originators of the project have set their sights on 100 million.
Federal Chief Technology Officer Todd Park said the goal of the innovation fellows program is not for private sector experts to tell them what to do and do it, but mash-up with government innovators to tackle a long-standing challenge. Each of the five projects has specific milestones in the next six months.