Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Presidential Distinguished Rank Awards
Each year, the Presidential Distinguished Rank Awards honor members of the Senior Executive Service for their accomplishments. But this year, one very important group of federal employees was left out. Carol Bonosaro, president of the Senior Executives Association, said she's frustrated that this year's event included no winners from the intelligence community because the White House has yet to approve their nominations. An ODNI official said intelligence community winners will be announced soon.
The White House honored 54 Senior Executive Service members for their work in 2011. Combined, the honorees saved or helped the government avoid spending $36 billion.
What is the government version of "Dancing with the Stars" or the Nobel Peace Prize? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says its the annual SEA Presidential Distinguished Rank Award which attracts a crowd that could give Nobel laureates a run for their money.
Normally Senior Correspondent Mike Causey keeps his Inside-the-Beltway jet-set lifestyle private. He doesn't want to brag, or make you jealous. But today he makes an exception starting with his black tie dinner date with Hillary Rodham Clinton.