Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Presidential Distinguished Rank Awards
Each year, the Presidential Distinguished Rank Awards honor members of the Senior Executive Service for their accomplishments. But this year, one very important group of federal employees was left out. Carol Bonosaro, president of the Senior Executives Association, said she's frustrated that this year's event included no winners from the intelligence community because the White House has yet to approve their nominations. An ODNI official said intelligence community winners will be announced soon.
The White House honored 54 Senior Executive Service members for their work in 2011. Combined, the honorees saved or helped the government avoid spending $36 billion.
What is the government version of "Dancing with the Stars" or the Nobel Peace Prize? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says its the annual SEA Presidential Distinguished Rank Award which attracts a crowd that could give Nobel laureates a run for their money.
Normally Senior Correspondent Mike Causey keeps his Inside-the-Beltway jet-set lifestyle private. He doesn't want to brag, or make you jealous. But today he makes an exception starting with his black tie dinner date with Hillary Rodham Clinton.