Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: President Obama
Americans woke up Monday morning to news that Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks that forever changed U.S. foreign policy, had been killed by U.S. forces in a firefight at his luxurious hideout in Pakistan.
Federal employee unions are preparing themselves for what could be a legislative battle over federal spending and job cuts. AFGE will lead a nationwide effort to change the conversation about the financial and social impact of federal employees. AFGE's president says verbal attacks against feds are the worst he's ever seen and he is disappointed that lawmakers aren't doing more to stop them.
President Obama honored the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. on Monday by participating in a painting project at a school on Capitol Hill.
Debt commission's plan fails to get majority approval. The White House and lawmakers say they will review the recommendations and figure out how to move many of them forward.
The crowd at the rally to support Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley was packed shoulder to shoulder.
President Obama has signed into law, H.R. 3081, which will keep the government operating through December 3, 2010.
The National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations miss a deadline to report to President Obama by at least 30 days. They need more time to figure out how to give managers and rank-and-file feds a place where they can sit down and discuss common problems.
Tom Shoop, editor in chief of GovExec, has analysis of the President's weekend speech.
President Obama has said publicly that he is a big fan of performance management, and wants to blend its practice into the day-to-day operation of the Federal Government. But what does that mean for feds who are tasked with actually making the wheels of government turn every day? The Association of Government Accountants convened a conference to discuss performance in government.
Tags: management , AGA , Department of Transportation , Linda Washington , OPM , CHCO Council , Al Reynolds , Treasury Department , CFO Council , Mike Duffy , CIO Council , Rich Beck , Department of the Interior , Performance Improvement Council , Max Cacas
President Obama has mandated that federal government service be "cool" again. In an effort to comply, OPM director John Berry says he's going to try to find room for cutting edge technology in the federal workplace. Even if it means going into the depths of the basement of the OPM Building at 19th and E Streets NW.