Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: President Barack Obama
CRS report highlights potential overlap across government
Almost ten months into the Obama White House, the President has made a commitment to make more use of technology to fundamentally change the way government does business. Two of his top technology officials paused to offer some ideas of how -- and why -- they plan to leverage technology to improve government.
Focus on procurement and cyber coordinator biggest differences as compared to Bush administration's CNCI. Pres. Obama to begin with 24 actions to improve IT security.
Position likely to focus on executive order, oversight issues
Congressional Democrats have begun the task of codifying into federal law "PayGo", rules that mandate an equivalent cut in spending in one area to compensate for an increase in spending elsewhere. The President has proposed the action to trim the budget, but opponents say recent stimulus and financial bailout spending make them wary of the idea.
Rep. Gerry Connolly has hand-delivered two letters supporting pay parity for federal employees.