Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Postal Regulatory Commission
Postal regulators agreed with a Postal Service plan to cut the window hours at 13,000 post offices. Operating hours will be cut to six, four or even two hours per weekday at these locations.
Dan G. Blair will serve as the next CEO and president for the National Academy of Public Administration
The Postal Service will offer $20,000 early retirement incentives to administrative employees, who must make a decision on whether to leave USPS by late April. RIF notices will be issued on May 25 to any affected employees who do not voluntarily retire or move to a lower grade.
The Postal Service is reeling from the decision by the Postal Rate Commission not to increase the price to mail a letter. USPS was hoping to use the rate hike to help close the $7 billion deficit it faces this year. The service continues to face reduced volume, more people using the Internet and legal barriers to changing key parts of its business mode.