Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Post-9/11 GI Bill
Jill Biden, wife of Vice President Joe Biden, is promoting a new website called the GI Bill Comparison Tool designed to make it easier for service members, veterans, their spouses and dependents to calculate their Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits at thousands of schools and job training programs. "In just a couple easy steps they can figure everything out," she told The Associated Press Wednesday. She said using the website, service members can estimate tuition and fees, housing allowances and book stipends for each school.
The Department of Veterans Affairs' work to automate payments under the complicated Post-9/11 GI bill is coming to fruition. But schools and students complain about inability to track status of claims.
On August First, the Department of Veterans Affairs is expected to begin handing out the first benefits under terms of the so-called "post-9/11 GI Bill". The measure was signed into law late last year. A House subcommittee recently held an oversight hearing to determine whether the VA is ready for the new law to take effect.