Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Pledge to America
Tim McManus, vice president for education outreach at PPS, joined DorobekINSIDER to discuss what a freeze would mean for your agency.
Will the big changes in Congress mean big changes for federal employees? Bill Bransford, general counsel for the Senior Executives Association, joins Mike Causey for this week's Your Turn.
November 3, 2010
Tags: Your Turn , Mike Causey , Bill Bransford , Senior Executives Association , Congress , election , pay and benefits , pay raise , furlough , hiring freeze , Barack Obama , Bill Clinton , pay debate , National Treasury Employees Union , Election 2010
Last week Republicans proposed a hiring freezeof non-security federal workers. That's just the latest GOP effort to target federal workers' pay and hiring. So far these efforts haven't gone far, but that could change with a GOP takeover of Congress after the mid-term elections, The Washington Post reports.
Some of the items listed in the House Republicans' Pledge to America directly affect federal employees. Politico's Jonathan Allen rates the odds of success for some of the pledge's items.