Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Pledge to America
Tim McManus, vice president for education outreach at PPS, joined DorobekINSIDER to discuss what a freeze would mean for your agency.
Will the big changes in Congress mean big changes for federal employees? Bill Bransford, general counsel for the Senior Executives Association, joins Mike Causey for this week's Your Turn.
November 3, 2010
Tags: Your Turn , Mike Causey , Bill Bransford , Senior Executives Association , Congress , election , pay and benefits , pay raise , furlough , hiring freeze , Barack Obama , Bill Clinton , pay debate , National Treasury Employees Union , Election 2010
Last week Republicans proposed a hiring freezeof non-security federal workers. That's just the latest GOP effort to target federal workers' pay and hiring. So far these efforts haven't gone far, but that could change with a GOP takeover of Congress after the mid-term elections, The Washington Post reports.
Some of the items listed in the House Republicans' Pledge to America directly affect federal employees. Politico's Jonathan Allen rates the odds of success for some of the pledge's items.