Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Phyllis Schneck
Federal officials say they need help from Congress to ensure companies are protected under the law for sharing cyber information with the government. Officials also say building up the cyber workforce is a top concern.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: USPS cloud credential exchange almost ready, flood of GSA contract protests
In this week's edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook: USPS' cloud exchange is almost ready to fly; GSA faces a flood of contract protests; and technology chairs shuffle at DHS and GSA.
Tags: USPS , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Doughlas Glair , FICAM , GSA , contracting , GAO , OASIS , Diana Gowen , Mary Davie , OMB , technology , Andy Ozment , Suzanne Spaulding , Mike Locatis , Bobbie Stempfley , DHS , Gregory Touhill , Katie Lewin , Kelly Olson , Sheila Campbell
Phyllis Schneck, the deputy undersecretary for cybersecurity in the National Protection and Programs Directorate at DHS, said the department's goal is to further the trust relationship with industry around sharing and understanding cybersecurity threats.
February 6, 2014
Phyllis Schneck, the deputy undersecretary for cybersecurity at DHS, said the department will release a voluntary cyber program on Feb. 14 as part of the deliverables under President Barack Obama's 2013 Executive Order. Schneck said among her top priorities is to continue to build a trust relationship with the assorted public and private sector stakeholders.
Phyllis Schneck is the new deputy undersecretary of cybersecurity in the National Protection and Programs Directorate at DHS. She replaces Mark Weatherford, who left in April.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
The administration has struggled to fulfill its promise to take enough concrete steps to make cybersecurity a national security priority. Experts say the White House fell short in several areas, most notably in getting comprehensive cyber legislation passed.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , Obama Impact , David Smith , Potomac Institute , Bob Dix , Juniper Networks , Patrick Howard , SecureInfo Corp. , McAfee , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , White House , Congress , Larry Clinton , Internet Security Alliance , Jason Miller