Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Peter Orszag
Executive order calls for new group to include 17 private sector experts to help agencies improve the use of technology and enhance their customer service. OMB deputy director for management Jeff Zients will be the chairman of the board.
The Federal Awardee Performance and Integrity Information System officially debuts today for contracting officers and acquisition workers to input and find information about vendors in one place.
Agencies must provide details to OFPP on how they review and deal with vendors who have not paid their taxes. IRS also is conducting a survey of its records. OMB will send President Obama a list of recommendations to improve agency processes.
Director Peter Orszag pledges an "expedited review" into allegations an OMB employee threatened to "make life miserable" for the OPM IG over possible budget cuts.
Tags: management , Peter McFarland , Ed Towns , Stephen Lynch , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , OMB , OPM , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ
Risks found with Grants.gov; OMB asks for alternatives
OPM inspector general sends letter to Reps. Towns and Lynch detailing incident between an agency budget officer and an OMB employee.
This week's Federal News Countdown, featuring the top three most important Federal news stories of the week.
Senators praise Lew for experience. Committee plans to vote on his nomination next week. Lew said technology, acquisition reform and performance management are among his top non-budget priorities.
Tags: management , Jack Lew , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Scott Brown , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , State Department , privacy , performance management , Jason Miller
Peter Orszag may have had the shortest tenure of any member of the Obama Cabinet, but he leaves a deep mark.
Outgoing OMB Director lists accomplishments of administration in speech at his former home, the Brookings Institution.