Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Peter Orszag
Cutting and trimming without really making a difference
This is my last, weekly Op-Ed on Federal News Radio, and I want our listeners to know that I appreciate the wonderful support, emails, and comments you have made over the past year.
Kim Kobza, President and CEO of Neighborhood America, explains that it isn't just the federal government that has to be more open; state and local governments need to get in on the action, too.
Sen. Tom Coburn is pressing his former legislative partner on the implementation of the Federal Financial Accountability and Transparency Act.
Agency data on alternatives will help HHS make decisions
CRS report highlights potential overlap across government
GAO say parity among 8(a), service disabled and HUBZone programs is no longer valid.
Data collected through the Recovery Act will be used as a pilot to obtain subcontract and subaward data from all contracts. The Obama administration says previous attempts failed get subcontract.
OMB asks agencies to come up with $6 million to upgrade current system
President Obama will issue an executive order in the next week detailing steps agencies must take to reduce the amount of improper payments. OMB will set up a new online dashboard to track these expenditures, similar to the one for IT projects. Executive order also will implement stricter requirements for contractors to report overpayments.