Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Peter King
In the next few weeks, House Republicans will select new committee chairmen, and Congressman Peter King is the presumptive chairman of the Homeland Security Committee. He wants to take the panel back to its original purpose of overseeing the Department of Homeland Security and the war on terrorism.
As the dust settles from the midterm elections, look for changes to how cybersecurity matters are handled on Capitol Hill. Homeland Security NewsWire is reporting that Representatives Peter King of New York and Darrell Issa of California will likely chair two committees with cybersecurity oversight.
Tags: Cybersecurity Update , cybersecurity , 2010 Election , Congress , Congressional Spotlight , IT , Darrell Issa , homeland security , Federal Drive , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Election 2010
A cybersecurity bill authored by three prominent Senators not only has the support of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid - it's also picked up support from several influential members of the House of Representatives. Meanwhile, the House Homeland Security Committee finds more questions than answers as it tries to understand the scope of the challenge of protecting America's cyber infrastructure.
Review part of Napolitano's priorities for department
Tags: mngt , P&B , Janet Napolitano , Loretta Sanchez , Jane Harman , DHS , House Homeland Security Committee , FEMA , TSA , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , information sharing , cybersecurity , collective bargaining , TWIC
Republicans unhappy with removal of key areas