Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Peter Chiarelli
Pentagon figures obtained Monday by The Associated Press show 349 suicides among active-duty troops last year, up from 301 the year before and exceeding the Pentagon's own internal projection of 325.
Army modernization leaders say they've gotten a bad rap on acquisition, and they claim it's undeserved. They point to several wartime success stories, and say they're implementing suggested reforms.
The Army's senior leaders want the service to beat its 2015 target to cut down the number of data centers it uses.
Army Vice Chief of Staff Gen. Peter Chiarelli discussed managing health in the field vs. Managing health for wounded warriors when they return home as well as some of the new programs for wounded vets. Chiarelli spoke at the Association of the U.S. Army 2011 conference.
The service wants to put certain software and hardware in a real-world environment to see how it would perform in conditions similar to those in combat. The process also will influence how the Army buys technology in the future.
The suicide rate is spiking among inactive duty military.
Army Vice Chief of Staff General Peter Chiarelli stops short of saying the entire acquisition system should be scrapped but he is pushing for big changes.