Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Peter Buxbaum
GAO finds the Pentagon isn't moving fast enough in improving the skills of their workforce. House lawmakers focused in the acquisition workforce, specifically. DoD defended its efforts, pointing to the 8,600 new acquisition workers hired over the past few years.
Tags: contracting , pay and benefits , vicky hartzler , larry kissell , keith charles , Howard McKeon , Brenda Farrell , DoD , GAO , House Armed Services Committee , acquisition , acquisition workforce , human capital management , High Risk list ,
The Professional Services Council details likes and dislikes of procurement language in the 2012 DoD Authorization bill.
The service wants to put certain software and hardware in a real-world environment to see how it would perform in conditions similar to those in combat. The process also will influence how the Army buys technology in the future.