Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Peter Benjamin
The hiring process was completed at an afternoon board meeting. Metro Board Chairman Peter Benjamin says the transit system conducted an international search, consisting of six months of review.
Metro's search for a new general manager has entered a new phase now that the three top candidates for the position have been interviewed.
Officials in charge of bringing Metrorail to Dulles have ruled out a move that could have permanently altered the fašade of one of the D.C. region's most iconic buildings.
Tags: Metrorail , Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project , Dulles International Airport , Mame Reiley , Metro Board Chairman Peter Benjamin , Reagan National Airport , Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority , Adam Tuss
Following a long stint without a permanent chief, Metro now has three finalists competing for the general manager position, WTOP has learned.
Metro is taking a first step toward replacing its SmarTrip fare system by seeking a vendor to help develop a new form of electronic fare payment.
While Metro Board members have remained very tight-lipped about actual names of candidates, a Metro source tells WTOP the list of finalists being put together includes a candidate or candidates from outside the realm of public transit.
Tags: WMATA , Metro , public transportation , Jeff McKay , Greater Washington Board of Trade , Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments , Richard Sarles , John Catoe , Adam Tuss , Sprawl & Crawl
A down economy -- and not the biggest fare increase in Metro history -- is to blame for a lack of growth in rail and bus ridership, the transit agency says.
Metro's general manager and board chairman say the transit agency should have paid more attention to escalator brakes as a safety issue, not just a maintenance issue.
With long lines, packed trains and frustrated riders throughout the Metro system Saturday, why did it seem like the transit agency wasn't prepared for weekend rallies.
A source tells WTOP that at least six to eight interviews for Metro's top job are being conducted.