Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Performance management
The administration conducts its first set of reviews of the three-to-eight high priority goals each agency set last year. OMB is encouraging agencies to conduct their own reviews in order to keep focus on meeting the objectives. All agency performance information eventually will be made public through a new portal, Performance.gov.
Congressman Henry Cuellar's homeland security bill to direct the Federal Emergency Management Agency to assess the efficiency of homeland security grants is about to become law. He explains how it will work.
Senators praise Lew for experience. Committee plans to vote on his nomination next week. Lew said technology, acquisition reform and performance management are among his top non-budget priorities.
Tags: management , Jack Lew , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Scott Brown , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , State Department , Peter Orszag , privacy , performance management , Jason Miller
FDA-TRACK is a new agency-wide program performance management system that monitors over 100 FDA program offices through key performance measures. FDA's Joshua Sharfstein says along the way, they've found some unexpected benefits to using the system.
OMB released new guidance to shift agencies from focusing on planning and reporting their performance to using their performance information to make decisions.
OMB is setting up a new dashboard to measure agency performance.
Administration will list agencies' progress in meeting their high-priority goals detailed in the 2011 budget request. OMB wants quarterly updates to ensure agencies are on track to meet their plans of actions and milestones. Meanwhile, the House passes a bill to mandate a new type of performance management.
500 performance improvement leaders from across the Department of Defense, including Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Agencies and activities, and federal government agencies get ready to gather and compare notes, and you're invited! We get details from J. D. Sicilia, the director of the Defense Department's Lean Six Sigma Program Office.
Deputy director for management Jeffrey Zients hires Shelley Metzenbaum to help lead the performance management effort. OMB to lean on the Performance Improvement Council to develop and advocate for new approach.
Tags: management , Jeffrey Zients , Bernice Steinhardt , Sen. Tom Carper , Shelley Metzenbaum , OMB , GAO , CMS , FEMA , Interior , NASA , NRC , VA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , EPA , Performance Improvement Council , GPRA , PART , performance management