Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Performance goals
The Obama administration has set a bunch of new performance goals for individual agencies and for cross-agency priorities. They've come out as part of the 2015 budget preparations. Cross-agency goals concern missions such as cybersecurity, insider threats, job creation and STEM education. Agency goals involve each department. And then come the overarching goals, like open government, customer service and strategic sourcing. Jitinder Kohli, a director in Deloitte Consulting's public sector practice, joined Tom Temin on the Federal Drive to discuss the 115 goals spread across government.
Dr. Janice Presser, CEO of the Gabriel Institute and Grant Thornton's Virginia Gibson will discuss the importance of performance reviews and how to improve them.
June 20, 2014
Tags: workforce , performance management , performance reviews , Dr. Janice Presser , The Gabriel Institute , Virginia Gibson , Grant Thornton , Julie Perkins , Shaw Bransford and Roth , performance goals , performance improvement , Performance and results
What's the secret to meeting 100 agency performance goals in the next two years?
The White House will release an updated list of agency high-priority goals and cross-agency priority goals with the annual budget request to Congress in March. Meanwhile, the Office of Management and Budget detailed agency successes over the last two years in meeting current goals.
Tags: management , performance goals , OMB , Beth Cobert , Treasury Department , Nani Coloretti , Patrick Gallagher , NIST , Commerce Department , Performance.gov , Performance Improvement Council , Jason Miller
A year into its 16-point strategic plan, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is making solid progress against most of its milestones. The strategy includes using technology to improve its services and creating a federal sector plan to better address specific issues.
The administration's new high priority performance goals will have a significant impact on every area of government operations. Kathleen Turco, the chief financial officer at the General Services Administration gives us a preview.
A bill passed by the Senate aims to increase government accountability by creating a performance officer at each agency.
Jason Miller discusses how OMB will soon put a progress report online in the form of a portal called performance.gov.