Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: People
During his 40-plus years in the federal service, Philip Rosenfelt, the Education Department's acting general counsel, has bolstered the rights of students and advanced the teaching profession through his work in education law.
The Samuel J. Heyman Service to America Medals — or Sammies — recognize federal employees who have gone above and beyond in their work. This year, 33 feds were named finalists in eight categories. Federal News Radio will be interviewing the finalists in the coming weeks.
CEO Steve Ballmer's exit from Microsoft feels like an end of the PC revolution era, Tom Temin writes. Though investors and a good many insiders feel it's past time for new leadership for Microsoft, don't shed a tear for Ballmer. Many of the tech rock stars of prior generations have moved on and made way for Apple, Google and Amazon.
John C. Beale, a former deputy assistant administrator in the Office of Air and Radiation, is charged with stealing nearly $900,000 from the Environmental Protection Agency over 13 years. A document filed by the Justice Department says Beale stole the money by collecting bonuses and extra salary.
A New York family is getting help from the Federal Employee Education and Assistance fund as they dig out from Hurricane Sandy and endure a double dose of furloughs.
The Partnership for Public Services nominated Supervisory Special Agent Seamus McElearney and a team of FBI agents for a 2013 Sammies Medal, for their investigation of the notorious Colombo and Bonanno La Cosa Nostra crime families.
Phyllis Schneck is the new deputy undersecretary of cybersecurity in the National Protection and Programs Directorate at DHS. She replaces Mark Weatherford, who left in April.
Victoria Espinel left Aug. 9 after spending more than four years as the Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator. OIRA Administrator Howard Shelanski will serve in an acting role until the White House names a new coordinator.
CACI International Inc. appointed David Wennergren, DoD's former assistant deputy chief management officer, as vice president of the company's Enterprise Technologies and Services business group.