Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: People
Secret Service Director Julia Pierson has resigned amid security lapses at the White House. DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson named a former Special Agent in Charge of Presidential Protective Division as the interim acting director.
A long-time government financial management expert is calling it quits. Relmond Van Daniker retires as the president of the Association of Government Accountants today. During his 11-year tenure at AGA, Van Daniker helped the organization grow in membership and prominence. He also led an initiative to encourage government to create a four page citizen-centric report, which offers taxpayers information to help them make better decisions within their communities. Van Daniker joined Tom Temin on the Federal Drive to explain why he feels now is the perfect time to retire.
This week, the award for Federal Employee of the Year went to Dr. Rana Hajjeh for her contributions at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Her work with vaccines will save the lives of about 7 million children by 2020. The Service to America Medals gala on Monday also featured several young federal employees who might earn that honor for themselves one day. Tim McManus is Vice President for Education and Outreach at the Partnership for Public Service. He was at the Sammies Awards. On In Depth with Francis Rose, he said he sees some special potential from this year's finalists in the Call to Serve category.
The Senate left Washington without confirming several of President Barack Obama's nominees for the executive branch, including Carolyn Colvin, his choice to lead the Social Security Administration.
Tags: Carolyn Colvin , SSA , Don Kettl , people , Nani Coloretti , HUD , Michael Carroll , USAID , Sharon Block , NLRB , Rhea Suh , Fish and Wildlife Service , Debo Adegbile , NHTSA , workforce , Congress , Senate , Emily Kopp
Steve VanRoekel isn't the only one leaving the E-Government office.
VanRoekel will advise the agency's senior leadership on using technology and data to help coordinate the government's response to the crisis. This is his second stint at USAID. Lisa Schlosser will be the interim federal CIO.
A quarter century of hard work and collaboration is giving paralyzed veterans a chance to rediscover a healthy, happy life. William Bauman is director and Ann Spungen is associate director of the National Center of Excellence for the Medical Consequences of Spinal Cord Injury. That's at the James Peters VA Medical Center in the Bronx. They're Service to America Medal finalists in the Science and Environment category, and described their work on In Depth with Francis Rose.
The President plans to nominate retired Navy Rear Adm. Earl Gay to be the second in command at OPM. The last Senate-confirmed deputy director left more than three years ago.
Marion Mollegen McFadden of HUD helps coordinate the work of numerous government agencies in providing relief to the survivors of the Hurricane Sandy.
Less air pollution and lower gas bills will be the result of a collaboration between the Environmental Protection Agency and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Bill Charmley is director of the Assessment and Standards Division at the EPA. Jim Tamm is chief of the Fuel Economy Division for NHTSA. They're Service to America medal finalists in the Science and Environment category. On In Depth with Francis Rose, Jim Tamm explained the success and the collaboration that got their teams selected. View a gallery of all the Sammies finalists.