Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Pentagon Solutions
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Martin Dempsey, in a visit to the Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska, discussed the challenges facing the Defense Department. Also, Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) discussed the challenges of sequestration in a keynote address at a Brookings Institution event.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta pleaded with Congress last Wednesday to avoid the disaster of automatic defense cuts even as he criticized lawmakers' affection for protecting aging ships and aircraft. Ramping up the pressure, Panetta and Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, painted a bleak picture of the military and its power if the across-the-board reductions, known as "sequestration," go into effect beginning Jan. 2.
Lt. Gen. George J. Flyn, the Joint Staff's director of Joint Force Development, delivered the keynote address at the Center for Strategic and International Studies' conference "Challenges to Access and the U.S. Response: The Joint Operational Access Concept."
The Senate Armed Services Committee Subcommittee on Airland, which oversees issues related to the Army, Air Force and, Navy and Marine Corps tactical aviation programs, heard testimony this week on the F-35 Lightning II program.
The Pentagon's new strategy shifts the focus of the military's attention, and calls for more partnerships with countries around the world.
Katherine Hammack, the assistant secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and the Environment, joins Pentagon Solutions to discuss the Energy Initiatives Task Force, which focuses on creating large renewable energy projects on military bases.
Asif Khan, the director of financial management and assurance at GAO, and Mike Sullivan, the director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management Issues, joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose to discuss two recent GAO report.
Ricardo Aguilera, the Defense Department Comptroller Chair at the Chief Financial Officer's Academy at the National Defense University's iCollege joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose to discuss the course and the leadership skills it aims to enforce.
Al Tucker, the executive director of the American Society of Military Comptrollers, joined Pentagon Solutions for an hour-long discussion of the Defense Department's accounting, budget and financial matters.
David Berteau, the senior vice president and director of the CSIS International Security Program, and Ryan Crotty, a CSIS research associated with the group's Defense-Industrial Initiatives Group, joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose to discuss the 2013 budget.