Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Pedestrian
Drivers are not solely responsible for safety on the roads, particularly as statistics show pedestrian deaths in the first half of last year increased in D.C. and Virginia.
A 50-year-old man was killed when crossing Ritchie Highway near Robinson Road.
Fairfax County Police say the man, in his 50s, was trying to cross Route 1 near Janna Lee Avenue when he was struck and killed by a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
About 20 percent of all pedestrian collisions occur in shopping center parking lots, Montgomery County Police report -- a particularly dangerous statistic when combined with the tired, frazzled fit-seekers who descend upon local malls and stores during the biggest shopping day of the year.
You could be playing a dangerous game of follow the leader -- and not even know it.
A mother and child struck by a car Tuesday in Northwest are expected to be OK, D.C. fire officials say.
The number of pedestrians killed by cars can be cut down by making design changes to streets, the president of the Montgomery County Council says.