Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Pay and Benefits
NITP Senior Benefits Director Tammy Flanagan will answer your retirement questions.
July 2, 2014
Marc Levine, principal at Handler & Levine LLC, joins host Bob Leins to discuss how to change your estate plan when your life is changing around you.
June 30, 2014
Join our host, Bob Leins, as he and James Marshall, federal benefits specialist, take on the most frequently asked questions about federal benefits.
June 2, 2014
Are things getting worse in government, or is that just your memory playing tricks? We asked a current federal employee, and he said it is going from bad to worse.
Financial advisor Arthur Stein will answer your calls and emails about the TSP, and CBS MoneyWatch Columnist Allan Roth discusses what you can do to maximize your TSP investments.
June 25, 2014
Boosted by a recovering economy and a booming Wall Street, assets in the Thrift Savings Plan have continued to climb. Since reaching $400 billion in February — the highest amount ever recorded — assets under TSP management grew to more than $412 billion by the end of last month. But as total assets have increased, so have calls to tweak the program that's provided federal employees with 401(k)-style retirement accounts since 1987. Still, the TSP has consistently resisted calls to modify its simplified, tried-and-true structure.
If you've been in government for a while, you know it is something like riding a roller coaster, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Thrills, chills but rarely any spills. So, how long will your luck hold out?
Federal benefits expert Bob Braunstein will discuss the Federal Erroneous Retirement Coverage Corrections Act.
June 23, 2014
NARFE's Jessica Klement and Andy Medici from the Federal Times discuss a number of issues affecting feds, including proposed changes to the federal retirement program and the scandal at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
June 11, 2014
Tags: pay and benefits , phased retirement , federal retirement , Department of Veterans Affairs , Jessica Klement , NARFE , Andy Medici , Federal Times , Reemployed annuitants , Mike Causey , Your Turn
It's the elephant in the room: military pay and benefits are overwhelming the Defense Department's budget. But Congress doesn't want to cut them, so it appoints an independent commission to do it by next February. Alphonso Maldon is chairman of the commission. He told Tom Temin and Emily Kopp on the Federal Drive, the nine members have reviewed everything from recruitment to retirement, paychecks and housing allowance to health care.