Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Pay&benefits
Lawmakers are expected to consider a bill to expand teleworking in the federal government. Maryland Congressman John Sarbanes tells Federal News Radio his legislation enjoys wide bipartisan support, and is expected to pass easily in the House later today.
The Federal security clearance process has been on the Government Accountability Office's "high risk list" since 2005. But now, a Senate committee hears evidence that the officials from a task force of federal agencies trying to fix the clearance process may have finally turned a corner.
Tags: management , The Senate Government Management and Federal Workf , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , OPM , John Berry , OMB , Jeffrey Zients , James Clapper , Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence , Max Cacas
Spring townhall talks best practices and successes
When it comes to the Thrift Savings Plan, feds are told that its always best to take the long-range view of this vehicle for your retirement savings. This was true for the month of September, as we learn in the latest edition of our monthly feature, "TSP Snapshot". Guest analyst Arthur Stein, a certified financial planner with SPC Financial in Rockville, says the keyword last month was "recovery". Also: a primer on the C Fund.
For the first time in years, people who want to work for the federal government will have an easier time applying for a job. OPM Director John Berry announced the sweeping changes after President Barack Obama signed an executive order on Tuesday.
What's the best way to train the next generation of federal agency supervisors? a Senate panel holds an oversight hearing exploring proposed legislation to improve the way that potential mid-level managers are trained, and ways to continue and enhance the training and experience they already have.
Tags: management , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Daniel Akaka , Nancy Kichak , OPM , Marilee Fitzgerald , DoD , Defense , John Palguta , Partnership for Public Service , Max Cacas