Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Paul Wester
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
A new directive requiring agencies to move to electronic forms of record-keeping by 2020 will push an often two-steps-behind federal government fully into the 21st century, said Paul Wester, the director of modern records program at the National Archives and Records Administration. A key part of the directive is to expand and elevate the role of agency records managers. The guidance directs NARA and the Office of Personnel Management to develop a specific records-management career track institutionalize responsibilities and best practices.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
NARA's chief records officer, Paul Wester, gives a peek of a governmentwide framework for managing electronic records.
How exactly does an agency store a tweet? And how do agencies know when the latest 140-character mini-message rises to the level of a permanently valuable historical record? A new Presidential memo tasks the National Archives and Records Administration with answer these social-media stumpers.
Development is done. Now the National Archives and Records Administration's Electronics Record Archive is headed for deployment, but not quite as originally envisioned. NARA's Paul Wester explains.
Paul Wester leads NARA's modern records program and describes the key findings and recommendations for maintaining the integrity of your records.
The National Archives and Record Administration is giving your agency tips for managing records in the cloud computing era.