Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Paul Stockton
Newly-released results of three parallel investigations into last September's Washington Navy Yard shootings point to serious gaps in the government's own security process. But the Navy's review finds the killings could have been prevented if the shooter's employer had disclosed troubling details about his recent behavior.
A Defense Department program to share military equipment with federal, state and local agencies could ease budget pressure at the Homeland Security Department. Already, Customs and Border Protection has used military drones and radar-equipped airships to track drug smugglers and human traffickers.
The House is preparing to once again take up legislation that would grant the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission new authority to order private electrical grid operators to take emergency action in the event of a cyber attack or a new vulnerability. The power would extend to bulk electric systems and parts of the grid that supply electricity to Defense infrastructure that is critical to national security.
Tags: Congress , technology , cybersecurity , DoD , critical infrastructure , FERC , National Electric Reliability Corporation , White House , Energy and Commerce Committee , Joseph McClelland , Franklin Kramer , Stuxnet , Barry Lawson , National Rural Electric Cooperative Association , Jared Serbu